Wednesday, October 15, 2008

(more)

After reviewing what I had scrambled down for notes today I think I could have done pretty well if it were a pop-quiz. True, not much about Don Quixote was said in Lu of questioning for the exam. Frye, sure was. I'm not to the Canon character in the novel yet. I just finished the chapter were Quixote set free the men from in route to the galley's. I thought more would develop from the interest of Quixote in the guy whose history is still being written. For sure, I thought Quixote and that guy were going to team up. In all that Quixote said about the unjustified punishments, it was pretty bold an arrogant. There might be a difference between those two terms but Quixote doesn't make it easy to define the difference. As a character his actions are very bold and his vocal suggestions or more accurately demands, are come off very arrogant to the others characters in the novel. I've seen the musical and one thing I remember most is the expression of Sancho's face while Quixote continues speaking anything and everything that's on his mind to others. While reading I imagine this vividly and it may be something I've brought to the novel but I'm not sure yet. In fact, I'm quite sure a lot of knowledge I have about the world will connect in some kind of way with Cervantes' dianoia's as E.M. Forster has said.

No comments: